Learn more about the process of clawfoot tub refinishing.
Brief Clawfoot Tub History
Clawfoot tub refinishing has become very popular again in recent years, both in the renovation and the new home industry. Cast iron claw tubs have been around since the nineteenth century. They were manufactured on a mold and the cast iron was then spun on to the rotating mold at great speed. This process made for a very heavy tub and an uneven surface thickness with many flaws. As time went on, newer and lighter metals were used in the bathtub manufacturing industry for convenience and ease of installation, many clawfoot tubs ended up in landfills and eventually became a bit of a rarity. In recent years, the demand for vintage clawfoot tubs has increased.
This is custom heading element
The price tag can be as much as $5000.00 new, for this type of bathtub. Obviously, this is where clawfoot tub refinishing becomes cost effective.
- To purchase a good quality vintage clawfoot tub to have the interior restored is between $900.00 & $1500.00.
- Complete, interior and exterior refinishing costs, including having the feet chrome, brass, nickel plated, or a painted finish is in the $2800.00 range, providing the interior of clawfoot tub has not been refinished at some point.
- Prices can vary depending on the color chosen and condition of the tub.
- Colors can be chosen the same way you would paint the walls in your home.
- Check Out Our Tub & Tile Refinishing Option
There are price variances that come into effect when choosing your colors. Keep in mind that deep base and neutral base colors are more expensive to make and that primary colors because of the cost of tints and time to color match will increase the refinishing price.
- Clawfoot tub refinishing is a great way to re-purpose those heavy cast iron tubs.
- Keeping clawfoot tubs out of landfills and reducing your environmental footprint.
- Great heat retention.
- Clawfoot tub refinishing can save you 50 % or more on renovation costs.
- Clawfoot tubs are always the show piece of any bathroom.
- Read More History About Clawfoot Tubs